The Buylist Basics
A buylist is a list of cards you own that you want to sell to us. The buylist prices listed are what we will pay you for that card in near-mint condition (see the table below for played condition prices). Once you fill up your cart, you need to choose a payment option and submit the buylist for approval. Once approved, you ship the cards to us, we grade them per industry standard grading criteria, and pay you.
Check out our updated played prices table below. We have increased played prices on cards worth at least $50.
1. Please CREATE AN ACCOUNT before filling up your buylist cart so you can always come back to it. If you notice your cart becomes empty after logging into your account, click the BUYLIST link at the top to refresh it.
2. Use the search bar above or BROWSE BY SET to search through our extensive buylist. You can also use the BUYLIST BUILDER in the navigation bar at the top of this page for entering lists of cards. You can use the drop down list next to each card to select how many you want to sell. You can sell BULK or SEALED PRODUCTS too.
3. Cards you select to sell will appear in your buylist cart at the top of the page. When you are done, submit the buylist. You will be taken to another page where you will confirm your selections and choose your payment type. At the bottom of that page, you will need to submit the buylist to finish the process. You will see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email when you have successfully submitted the buylist.
4. Once you submit your buylist, we will review and approve it, and you will receive an email of approval. Be sure to check your junk folder for email correspondence from us and your paypal email address, if provided. At that point, you can ship your cards. Be sure to follow all of the instructions in the email. Cards must be sorted in the specified order before shipping them.
5. Once we receive your cards, you will get an email stating we have received them. Then we will grade them according to industry standard grading criteria. Cards that are not near-mint will receive a lower payout (see the played condition prices section below). Then we will send the payment to you using the method you chose. This process can take 24-72 hours in total.
Shipping your Buylist
1. Wait for the confirmation email, which typically takes less than a few hours. This tells you that we have approved your buylist request and that we are now waiting for your cards. In rare circumstances, we may modify the buylist to address issues such as pricing mistakes or recently banned cards. Follow ALL of the instructions in the buylist email.
2. Please include a printout of your buylist approval email with your cards. Cards must be sorted in the order they are shown in this email. Failing to sort your cards may result in a sorting fee of $20/hour, but small errors are ok. If you notice small errors in the buylist you created, such as a missing card, or incorrect edition, make note of it and we will adjust the buylist accordingly. You do not need to create a new buylist for small errors.
3. We are not responsible for damaged or lost packages. We suggest you get tracking with your shipment, and insurance on expensive orders. To prevent damage to your cards, follow OUR SHIPPING TIPS. If you are shipping from another country, use HS code 9504.40.00 on your customs form.
4. Your buylist must be sent promptly. If we do not receive your buylist within 14 days of approval, we reserve the right to cancel or adjust prices according to market changes. Any buylist not received within 16 business days will be automatically cancelled. Email us if this timeframe will not work for you. We will do our best to accommodate you.
5. You can combine multiple buylist submissions in one package. Just make sure to include the buylist emails for each one and clearly separate the buylists so they are not mixed together.
6. Packages must be addressed as follows. Put your buylist number in place of the XXXX. This address is for shipping purposes only. We do not have a storefront.
3815 S Othello St Ste 100 - 334
Seattle, WA 98118
Played Condition Prices
1. We buy played cards according to the table below. All buylist prices on our site assume a near-mint copy. For cards that are not near-mint, the prices will be adjusted according to this table.
2. We do not buy damaged, altered, signed, or non-English cards. Damaged cards include cards marked with ink or pen, severe creasing or warping, or strong odors such as smoke. Such cards will be returned to you with your check payment. If you are not receiving a check payment, you can choose to have us return these cards to you at your expense, if you provide a shipping address.
2. Once we grade your order, we will send your payment. If you would like to know the total before we send the payment, please say so in the comments section of your buylist submission.
For definitions of these conditions, check out the CARD CONDITION GUIDE.
1. Paypal (Any Amount) - We send paypal payments within hours of grading your cards, which gives you the fastest payment for your buylist. Normal paypal fees apply. If you would like payment in another currency other than US dollars, please make note of it in the comments section of your buylist submission.
2. Check (Minimum Order Value of $25 before grading) - Checks are made payable to the name submitted with your buylist. Checks are sent within 2 days of grading. Please allow up to 7 business days for your check to arrive in the US. We do not ship checks internationally. If you would like to receive a check for an order with a value less than $25, we will apply a $1 shipping fee to your order to cover our expense.
3. Store Credit (Any Amount) -Store credit can be used to buy anything on our site. We offer 25% additional store credit when choosing this option.
4. Bitcoin (Any Amount) - We have begun offering bitcoin payments via special request. If you would like to receive bitcoin as a payment, please mention so in the comments section of the buylist submission and include your bitcoin payment address. Bitcoin payments are limited to $1000 per week. For a buylist larger than this, multiple payments may be required. Coinbase fees apply.
5. MTGO Bot Credit (Any Amount) - We run the MTGOEmpire bot chain on Magic Online. MTGO Empire is one of the largest and best stocked bot chains on Magic Online. If you would like to receive MTGOEmpire bot credit as payment, please mention so in the comments section of the buylist submission. You must also include your MTGO username. We offer a 10% bonus when selecting this option. Bot credit can be used to buy any card or booster item on MTGO.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I don't see this card on your buylist. Do you buy it?
- Most commons and uncommons are bulk, and are not worth enough to buy individually. If a card is not on our buylist it is most likely bulk.
- You can sell bulk cards here.
- If you believe a card isn't bulk but don't see it on our buylist, let us know and we should be able to add it for you.
- PRO TIP: If you want to sell bulk rares, it is easier to add them as bulk instead of individual cards, they are priced the same but don't get graded.
2. I have a big collection to sell, how much will you offer?
- If you have a large collection, send us an email and we will do our best to work with you.
- We will need a list of everything that isn't bulk, including card name, expansion, and if it is a foil. We will also need the quantity of bulk.
- Quotes will be based on near-mint conditions. Once we receive the collection, it will be graded and the payment will be adjusted accordingly.
3. I made a mistake on my buylist, do I need to resubmit it?
- No, a few errors are common in most buylists. If you need to add another card, you can create another buylist with that card in it and ship both buylists together.
- We will fix errors like a missing card, incorrect edition, foil instead of non-foil, etc. However, too many errors may result in us returning your cards. Try to get them right.
- If you chose the wrong payment type, email us and let us know, we will change it for you.
4. Do you buy sealed products or complete sets?
- Sealed products are located under magic products, not magic singles (on the left hand side of the page).
- If you don't see a sealed product on our buylist, email us and we will add it.
- If you have complete sets to sell, you can email us to provide a custom quote.
5. How long will it take until I get paid?
- The first part depends on how fast you ship the cards. The quicker you ship, the quicker you will get paid.
- Once we receive the cards, typical processing times are 12-48 hours, depending on the size of the buylist and how many others we are processing. In rare cases, this may take up to 72 hours if this period coincides with a holiday.
- Check payments are sent via first class mail and can take up to 7 days to receive in the US, longer for international orders. Paypal/store credit payments are paid within hours of grading.
- Bitcoin payments can take some time, depending on how big the buylist is, due to limits in funding bitcoin accounts.
6. How many cards can I sell at once?
- Unfortunately, our buylist system has a limit of 250 unique items. Trying to submit more than this will result in an error. You can, however, include any quantity of those items. For example, a list with 250 different cards in it, each with a quantity of 4, would still work.
- The good news is, you can submit more than one buylist and ship them all together.
7. How do I package my buylist for shipping?
- Please see our shipping guidelines for best practices.
- Avoid plain white envelopes unless you are sending a 1-4 inexpensive cards. You can't use a single stamp to send more than 1oz in a plain white envelope. Tracking is not available for this type of shipment. We don't recommend shipping this way for buylists worth more than $20.
- Wrapping your cards in plastic wrap keeps them tightly bound together so they don't slide against each other during shipment. It also provides some protection for the edges. Put these "bricks" of cards into old deck boxes or tape them between top loaders or cardboard to provide sufficient protection for shipping.
- Make sure to provide sufficient postage for all shipments. We do not accept COD buylists.
- Always ship your buylist in an appropriate sized shipping box or bubble mailer. Do not leave extra room in the box or the cards will tumble inside it during shipping. Not only is a smaller box cheaper to ship, it will provide better protection.
- Avoid using plastic sleeves. This slows down the processing of the buylist because it takes more time to prep the buylist for grading. Use plastic wrap instead.
8. Do you accept buylists from outside the US?
- Absolutely! As long as the cards are in English, we accept buylists from anywhere.
- We do not send checks internationally. Please select paypal or the store credit payment option.